Accountant (Torrance, CA)
Products Engineering Corporation (“PEC”) is a well-respected leader in the manufacture of a complete line of precision measuring tools, as well as photo-chemically etched parts for computer electronics and semi-conductor industries and weighing scales. Additionally, PEC has expanded its business line since 2016 and has been engaging in warehousing and logistics services, including warehousing transfer, drop shipping, and fast transfer services.
Due to the expansion of business line and our increasing business, we are in demand of the professional service of an Accountant. This position has no supervisory duties. He/she will perform the following duties:
- Develop, implement and maintain company’s accounting systems: Journal entries, General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable, Investment, monthly Account/Bank reconciliation, etc.;
- Prepare GAAP-compliant monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements (income statement, retained earnings, balance sheet, and cash flow), highlighting the key points in the statements;
- Prepare yearly and quarterly tax returns for the company and accurately calculate sales tax, payroll tax, deductions, credits, allowances, profit and loss, depreciation and other information as necessary;
- Advise on tax reduction strategies by identifying expense acceleration opportunities such as higher capitalization limit, accelerated depreciation, accelerated asset purchases, inventory write off, and receivables write off;
- Process payroll for U.S. employees and prepare quarterly and annual Federal and State payroll tax report;
- Monitor the financial condition of the company’s operations by analyzing financial statements to identify trend lines over multiple time periods in the company’s gross margin, net profits, cash, accounts receivable, and debt, as well as performing ratio analysis to measure and evaluate the company’s liquidity, utilization of resources, debt levels, and profitability;
- Estimate future revenues and expenditures and prepare monthly budgets and forecasts;
- Attend regular meetings with PEC’s management and staff to discuss all financial activities and report areas that need improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Accounting or related;
- High proficiency in QuickBooks, ERP Systems, Excel, and Word;
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills;
- Highly motivated team player with the ability to handle multi-tasks within deadlines.
- The salary is $54,704 per year.
Apply to Products Engineering Corporation, 2645 Maricopa St., Torrance, CA 90503.